Multimedia Analytics brings together multimedia analysis, machine learning and information visualization to support users in getting insight in large multimedia collections.
Are you the AI researcher that can give a boost to multimedia analytics by developing innovative data-driven algorithms to enrich multimedia data and to learn from the user interacting with the collection? Are you eager to teach such concepts to bachelor and master students? If the answer to those questions is yes, you should consider this Tenure Track position in the MultiX (multimedia analytics) group of the Informatics Institute.
The MultiX group is a vibrant research group, where fundamental research in multimedia analytics is performed with applications in health, forensics and law enforcement, cultural heritage, urban livability, and social media analysis. The MultiX group is also active in the national Innovation Centre for Artificial Intelligence (ICAI).
What are you going to do?
- Perform research in AI for Multimedia and publish and present the results in international journals and leading conferences;
- collaborate with other researchers in our Multimedia Analytics (MultiX) group and in the Informatics Institute at large;
- develop an independent line of research within the MultiX group;
- attract external funding to develop your research line for example through national funding bodies or with industrial partners in ICAI labs;
- teach in the bachelor and master programs in AI and/or data science and guide students in writing their thesis (total approximately 30% of the position);
- contribute to the organization of the Institute.
What do we require?
- A PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science or related field;
- a strong scientific expertise in Artificial Intelligence and/or Multimedia reflected among other indicators by publications in leading journals / conferences;
- enthusiasm about and the willingness to actively attract external funding;
- commitment to teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level;
- the willingness to contribute to valorization efforts and to foster collaborations with other academic institutes and industry;
- fluency in English, both written and spoken.
We will base our selection on your scientific track record and on your vision for future research and funding, as well as on your teaching achievements, qualifications, and vision for future teaching.
This position is also available on the official university website: